My apologies readers…a combination of work stress with a lack of motivation has me behind on posts, but I’m back to share a bit more of my life with you. The cold month of February had me hibernating some more with my top expense categories being HOA fees plus a decent amount of gas burned for trips home to see my nieces. I also had a trip from the NYC area with MINI friends to Philly in the middle of the night for what is called a “Philly Taco.” My local MINI crew is known for the occasional trip to Philly at a random hour for a Philly cheese steak, but one member mentioned a Philly Taco and we all had to try. If you watch the video, it’s an enormous amount of food and needless to say, I did not finish the challenge. This was a good thing because I don’t enjoy puking and of course I needed to save room for Insomnia Cookies, conveniently open until 4am on the particular night we visited. Anyway, a bit of fun mixed in with a very light month for expenses, let’s look at the numbers from Personal Capital:
Some things to note:
- Home Maintenance was my usual HOA fees. These have been steady after a slight increase last year.
- Hypermiling in my MINI Cooper JCW is a constant in the Winter but I did fit in another tank of gas during my traveling to where I grew up, as well as the spirited run down to Philly and back.
- In the travel category I paid an additional portion of an AirBnB I plan to share with old high school buddies in the summer, and replenished my E-ZPass twice!
- Restaurant spend was low again with some takeout with my Father during our yearly trip to the NYS High School Wrestling Championships and the “Philly Taco” run.
- I spent $1.79 on a drink of protein-infused chocolate milk. I was out walking on a decently warm day and am a sucker for chocolate milk so I made a rare stop at the supermarket. I still have plenty of Joylent leftover from last month’s purchase so groceries were near nil.
So $851 bucks for the month….another job well done in this short month. Though I expect expenses to trend upwards as we head into the warmer months, I’ll take the increased savings while I can.
Here are my expenses for 2016.